Sunday 13 April 2014

FYP 2 Week 7-9: Develop a login system

Aim:  
  • To develop a simple login system using password
  • To study about Structured Query Language (SQL)  database
  • To restore and retrieve a data from a database


Activities Discussion:

On this duration, I’m developing a simple login system using Visual Basic. First of all, I had to start with designing a window application. Designed shown in figure 1 below.

Figure 1

The log in systems has two sections which are admin and employee. For admin, I just put a simple username and password that have been store previously in SQL database. If the username and password is match, it will open a registration window (figure 2). Otherwise, it will not open. On this registration window, it allow admin to register, update or remove an employee. The employee registrations data are store in Employee SQL database.

Figure 2

At the beginning, the application has a problem to retrieve the data from the database that I store previously. The error shown in figure 3 and 4 that it fail to detect the database. It has been so difficult for beginner like me to understand that kind of error.

Figure 3


Figure 4

My friends advise me to try following a website or forum such as stackflow.com and codeguru.com for reference. After following that website, it begins to show some positive result. The feedback was quick and useful. It is the good start for me to learn and develop this application although it shows some error but at the end I manage to solve it. 

Figure 5

Conclusion
  •  At the end of week 9, I manage to run a successful program. I also know how the SQL (structure query language) database functionality.

  • One thing that I realize is computer is quite straight forward because we have to tell everything. If there is no instruction, it will not do anything. it is my task to provide those instructions.

  • The website such as stackflow.com and codeguru.com surely deserve a credit for helping a new beginner to understand and develop a program. The communities were so friendly and helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment