Sunday 9 March 2014

FYP 2 Week 5: Purchasing fingerprint scanner

Aim:  
  • To purchase the Digital Persona fingerprint device 
  • To study the SDK (Software Development Kits)  of the device


Activities Discussion:

This week I went to jalan pasar to search digital persona scanner. Unfortunately, they don’t have that kind of device. So, I had to purchase the device online.And then, after some online research, I found a website that sell this device. It have two model which is Digital Persona U.Are.U 4500 cost around RM 469 and the other is Digital Persona U.Are.U 5160 cost around RM 539. I decided to call the dealer to arrange the meeting.
On 5 march, I went to KTM Seremban to pick up the device myself. The reason of why I pick it up myself not only for a safety of purchase but also to learn some more about how the device works and its functionality with the dealer. The device kind of expensive cause it costs me around RM 469. Luckily, I manage to get a student discount which reduces the price to RM439.00.  



Conclusion:
  • The device is suitable for me to develop a VB.net access system using fingerprint security application
  • DigitalPersona SDKs offer a full range of capabilities, including image capture, template extraction, template matching, identification, data encryption and more. They support VB.net platforms and language interfaces and adhere to prevailing image, data and compression standards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment